Select Page
Drone view of Blidworth from St Mary's Church

Aerial view of Main Street showing St Mary’s Church (centre) and the old tower mill (far left). Source: Darren Jennings

Drone icon

Drone flight

Drone image of the old tower mill

Drone image of the abandoned, old tower mill, looking South over St Mary’s Church. Source: Darren Jennings.

People would travel to Blidworth to see Vicar’s Son, Frank Whitworth, throw a ball from the church gate and hit the sails of the tower mill. Cricket was a popular pastime in the village and Frank Whitworth later became an accomplished cricketer, playing county cricket for Nottinghamshire and becoming a professional fast bowler for Accrington in 1887-88.

The old tower mill

Blidworth’s tower mill with sails.

Looking East from the high vantage point of the Old Tower Mill, it used to be possible to see Lincolnshire Cathedral.

This page is under construction. Your feedback will help us improve it.

Drone flight over the old tower mill.

Drone flight over the Druid Stone

Drone flight over the lake at Fountaindale, the location of Friar Tuck’s Well.