Select Page
Car park
MyTrail visitor icon

Car Park

The Brinsley Headstocks Heritage and Wildlife Site car park is the location of a former railway junction that would have crossed the main road, extending out towards the huge waste tip of Moorgreen Colliery.

 

Brinsley then and now

Compared with the modern-day satellite image of the car park, the map from 1901 shows the extent of the mineral railway that served Brinsley Colliery. (Source: National Library of Scotland).