A short 40 minute walk through Blidworth’s former mining village.
Over 800 houses were built by the Industrial Housing Association for the Newstead Colliery Company between 1924 and 1927 as dwellings for workers at Blidworth Colliery which opened in 1926. The above map is based on the 1920s plan from the Industrial Housing Association for Blidworth colliery village. From J. T. Walters, The Building of Twelve Thousand Houses (Ernest Benn, 1927). Source: University of Nottingham Manuscripts and Special Collections.